EWA Conference FAQ’s – COVID-19
The Conference Committee will continue to watch the developments and guidelines for COVID and will provide updates to stakeholders as information comes to hand. www.wa.gov.au/government/covid-19-coronavirus
The Pan Pacific Hotel has measures in place to ensure a safe experience for EWA delegates. Its safety measures brochure can be found here.
Pan Pacific accommodates only low risk flights due to hotel also running commercially. This means the hotel does not receive flights from high risk countries that have many active and growing cases.
Further to this, we have provided some answers to FAQ’s below for our delegates.
How will the venue/conference contract trace?
This will be done via the WA Safe App and sign in sheets.
Does the venue have a risk management system in place?
Have all the Pan Pacific staff undergone COVID-19 Training?
Yes, all staff have had PPE training, cleaning and infection control training.
Does the venue have protocols in place for managing unwell patrons?
Yes. Anyone entering the building gets a temperature screen test through thermal cameras. If the machines are activated guests are not allowed into the premises. Further to this, the Pan Pacific has WA Health staff in house who will be notified.
What happens if the conference is cancelled due to COVID?
The Committee will offer full refunds.
What happens if the conference is postponed due to COVID?
The committee will give the delegates an opportunity to roll over their registration to the new dates or will offer a full refund.
What happens if the conference goes virtual/hybrid?
The committee will give the delegates an opportunity to roll over their registration to the new format with the difference in registration prices refunded or will offer a full refund.
What if I cancel? (Not COVID related)
Our standard cancellation terms are applicable. We require cancellation in writing. For cancellations received between 5 February to 31 March a full refund will be issued. Any cancellations from 1 April 2021 onwards to May will be liable for the full cost.
The Committee will endeavour to be as flexible as possible for attendees and will look at cancellations (non-Covid related) on a case by case basis.
Is Pan Pacific still a quarantine hotel?
Yes, however Pan Pacific has a separate wing of the hotel that is known as the red zone which provides a safe quarantine facility. The conference will be held in the Green Zone. The commercial Green Zone has been approved by the WA Department of Health and is effectively one of the safest spaces to be due to the strongest controls by both the hotel and the WA Government.
What areas are located within the Green Zone?
- The Hotel porte cochere and lobby
- The hotel’s food and beverage outlets: Uma Restaurant, Ten Acre Block, Hill Street Sports Bar, Lobby Café and Bobby’s BBQ Truck
- The hotel’s meeting and events space located on level 5 and the dedicated conference floor
- The Pan Pacific Hotel Perth Health Club
- The Pacific Club executive accommodation wing located on levels 5-8.
How is Pan Pacific ensuring the separating of both red and green zones?
- Quarantine accommodation is located in a separate wing of the hotel on levels 10-23
- Red zone team have their own hotel entrance and exit, staff canteen room, bathrooms, changing rooms and dedicated service lifts. They are not permitted to cross over into the Green Zone.
- Each room has its own individual air-conditioning system and there is no recirculation between rooms or corridors. The air intake comes directly from outside, providing 100% fresh air to each room.
- The WA contract security team is responsible for all deliveries to quarantine guests and guest movement on the floors. There are no front of house cross over points between the Green and Red Zones.